Monday, October 16, 2006

Reform Education NOW! Please......

So basically, professors need to learn what is important and what is not. Penn State professors (not all, but most) seem to think that what is important is the ability to memorize every stupid little statistic, fact, and mind numbingly stupid figure. I could go on for a couple hours in explanation of this, but here is a short example.

My Women's Studies (rape) midterm was stupid. All it tested was your ability to memorize the exact percentages of women raped, men raped, spousal rapes, etc.. But knowing the exact numbers aren't important. What is important is understanding the theories that explain these numbers and being able to apply them. So, since I studied that and focused on being analytical instead just mindlessly memorizing shit, I didn't do so well (21/30). Jesus H Christ in a chicken basket. In the real world I will be the one getting ahead because I know how to siphon out important material from the infinite amount of bullshit.

1 comment:

bikepennst8 said...

this post could have been a lot funnier.

I mean you used the word rape a lot. You got to capitalize on that shit.