Saturday, September 05, 2009

Wilkes-Barre Twilight

Good first year race. I love twilight crits. 1 mile, really wide course.

A few laps in, when Bobby Lea was sitting at the front and sensing he was a marked rider, I made a move and stayed out for 3 laps, taking a prime in the process. A few laps later my teammate, Andy, made a move which I countered and stayed out for a couple laps with a Richmond Pro rider. Right as we were brought back, Fuentes and DeWald from Battley Harley Davidson took off.

I was tanked from just getting brought back and sitting at the front, but knew I had to make it across. I took off with Jackie Simes from Team Mt. Khakis and we made it across in a couple laps. Mike Miller from Alliance and Gavi Epstein from Champ Sys and Shane Kline from Kelly Benefits joined us.

I took a prime in the break on the backside line. One the last lap there were a handful of attacks and one point I found myself at the front of a chase, which was countered, then I just barely couldn't get the last wheel as it came by at the last turn. So I came in a few lengths behind the sprint for the win. 6th place. 2 premes. Not too bad of a night.

Being aggressive paid off.

No comments: