Sunday, May 10, 2009

Habitat

Cool course. 2nd time I've done it.

A few laps in, Fader and another rider are up the road a little bit. I roll up to them and get on the front and drive for a little bit and a good little gap opens up. We collect a few guys and get rolling, but never too well. So we spend a few laps out there and get caught. I try another move which also fails.

Finally, Whitman and Miller get up the road a bit. So I decide that is the move. Spend half a lap to roll up to them. We get going pretty well, have a good gap. A Colavita guy rolls up and works with us pretty hard. 4 more guys bridge up to us, including Fader, a KBS Pro, another Colavita guy, and someone else I can't remember.

Nearly repeated the Deer disaster of last year on the 2nd to last lap. A whole herd crossed the course in front of us.

I was stupid and got caught up front on the last lap on the back stretch. A Colavita guy went solo off us. Should have gone with him, but I was a pussy. We were guttered hard on the left side of the road and I attacked to the right side of the road and put my head down just long enough to ride right off the road. So after acknowledging my retardedness I came back and was still caught out front. So I went real hard into the final hill as my only hope. Got passed by just about everyone.

Got 7th.

No comments: