Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wilmington Grand Prix



132 Starters. 48 Finishers.

Normal pack jockeying for first half of the race. Couple moves go and come back. 13 laps to go, two guys are sitting off the front like 10 meters not going out or coming back. Feels like the right time to make a move.

Take off, pass the two out front and hammer my brains out alone for 3 laps. The two I passed bridge up and we work together from there. The gap went up to 25 seconds at one point, but then started to come back down to 10 seconds with like 5 laps to go.

Thanks to some work breaking up the chases from the teammates and some extra burying of the legs we get the gap back up a bit. Last lap I sit on and coming out of turn 4 I just let it all loose and take the win by a good gap.

Solid day in all.

1 comment:

PGS said...

Yeah I'd say! WOW