Monday, January 12, 2009

Gotta ease into this...

...so I don't blow my wad too early.

Wow I let this thing lapse. It has been lonely without you guys.

Lets see....Cross season finished really well. 3rd at PA State CX Champs, 2nd the next day at Staten Island, and 1st the following weekend at P-Burg. Can't complain for my first season of cross.

Starting to rack up the miles for the upcoming season. Spent 4 hours in the saddle yesterday on the 'cross bike on the road. Knobbies on the road are great when its cold as hell, windy, and icy/wet. You go much slower for the same effort and cadence, so you don't get as cold.

At one point the road was completely iced, so I had to ride in the adjacent field. The field was also iced over, but the surface was bumpy and rough enough to garner some small amount of traction.

Have lots to say and have some good pics to post. I also have to talk about the beer and hot dog feed in the P-Burg A race. But like I said, don't wanna lose it too soon.

No comments: