Thursday, January 22, 2009

Holy Shit!


Better Pictures to come, but to cap off one of the most horrible last 3 days, my prized possession, my Colnago frame, met its demise today.

You can't see it in this picture, but a steel wire, about the gauge of a spoke, with hooks on either end found its way into my wheel and hooked onto the spokes, wrapping around the chain and derailleur, thus ripping the derailleur and hanger from the bike. The hanger is not replaceable, therefore the frame is toast.

3 comments:

bikepennst8 said...

dude, you shouldnt feel too bad.

A little stick, thinner then a pencil did my rear derailleur in.

Its just proportional, some gage metal is big enough to take your whole bike down.

Dont worry man, the super bike is on the way.

In the meantime, thank god for your Van Dessel.

The Donut Guy said...

Dude, that sucks....

Ole Eichhorn said...

WOW, I totally feel your pain. In fact the exact same thing happen to me on my Kestrel a few weeks ago.

http://w-uh.com/posts/090112-weird_disaster.html

I am trying to get my frame repaired, we'll see what happens.

Cheers and good luck...