Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ephrata Crit

Wow. That was hard.

After yesterdays mental meltdown, I decided before the race I was going to pick 1 move I thought was a good move to cover and keep it to that. Well...I picked the right move, but picked it too late and couldn't get across to it. So I spent a lap tanking myself to get there, never did, and came back to wait it out to the finish. I stayed about 10 wheels back the rest of the race and with about 10 laps to go Bikereg.com, Empire, and Battley went to the front and really started to string shit out.

So I stayed on either Geronimo or the Bikereg Sprinter guy's (name is escaping me now) wheel. With 2 laps to go, some Jabroni cut inside on turn 3 and swung wide and I made an instinctual bonehead mistake and grabbed my rear brake (at least I didn't grab my front). The rear slid and hop and caught just as I let off the brake and I saved it. I lost a couple spots there. The last 2 laps were insane fast and I finished right at end of the sprint group. Came across the line about to throw up and not being able to see straight, so it was lit up pretty well.

I'm getting there...

No comments: