Saturday, November 01, 2008

Freakin' Great Ride....

It makes no sense.

I was supposed to race Cross today, but I've been having this problem the last week where every night I wake up in a sweat. I mean completely drenched. Me and the bed. So its hard to go back to sleep when your bed is soaking wet. I've also had this problem on and off for the last several months.

Well last night I woke up withe same thing and my chest hurt kinda badly. So I was freaked out. When the alarm went off at 6am I felt like shit, probably because I was dehydrated from sweating, and decided to not race since I had been sick for the past two weeks and didn't want to have a shitty Fall riding season because I pushed it too hard too soon.

So I decided to go for a little ride around 11am. Holy shit. I felt fantastic. No chain day. Best I have felt since Collegiate Nationals May '07. Legs turned over nice and smooth. I was bombing descents and railing turns faster than I had in a long time. The bike felt perfectly comfortable. And I was pushing 2-3 gears higher for a given effort than I have been as of late.

What gives? I mean, its nice to have such a great ride and the weather was mind-blowingly perfect, but if I could have used that for a race?! Oh well....

It was a beautiful day. I wish I could have video cameras hooked directly to my eyes and record the whole ride and play it back at will just to capture that feeling. It would be great for a trainer workout. Something about fall rides...I think because the sun is lower in the sky so the light is a little more orange..its like a day-long sunset.

No comments: