Monday, November 03, 2008

KBS 'Cross Report

So, I manned up and got back in the saddle and raced the Kelly Benefits Strategies 'Cross race.

I need more blood! My legs just shit out after a couple laps. Once again I was with the leaders for the first couple laps and then I just couldn't hold pace at all. I started dropping back, got passed by a couple guys and then Evan Fader caught me and I got on his wheel for the last 3 laps.

Somewhere around the end of lap 2 I downshifted pretty hard at a bad moment and tweaked my deraileur. Never done anything like that before. So for the next few laps the chain would pop off of the casssette under power every couple crank revolutions. So I had to stay in the saddle and stay smooth - that cost me good time for sure.

I pulled a pretty stupid move in the sandpit that cost Fader a bunch of positions which I felt pretty bad about, but that's racing. He was trying to ride the sandpit and was getting through it, although losing time for sure, and I ran up on his inside carrying my momentum and just plowed into him. I think that if I didn't knock Fader of his bike he might have been able to catch the leaders and I might have been able to drag on his wheel. Maybe.

Oh well. Came in for 6th.

No comments: