Saturday, August 15, 2009

Downers Grove Pro/Am

Quick race report. Cliff notes version.

Felt good. Course had some sketch spots where the tar repairs made it feel like your rear tire was flat and washing out. That took a Jelly Belly guy out in front of me before turn 2 half way into the race.

About that same time I heard Pat Raines's voice saying, "race every race with all you got, it'll make you stronger later." So I started to really position myself and I really started to have fun. Again, I did too much work, but felt good. Last lap, I was a few wheels behind Wiswell and really happy with my position for the sprint (there were a couple groups up the road).

At the top of the hill, Wiswell got chopped in the turn starting a chain reaction which caused a major position reshuffling behind which I got caught in. My fault for being too far back at that point of the race, but I also didn't want to take a dive in the last couple turns on the last lap before tomorrow.

Good sensations for tomorrow!

No comments: