Monday, August 24, 2009

Yay Infected Road Rash!

So my road rash on my hip from hitting the deck at nationals has gotten infected. It looks nasty and boy does it hurt. It might explain a little why I felt like such crap at Mengoni. Probably the worst I have felt on the bike all year.

I was still able to put myself in all the moves I wanted to be in, and chose to not go with the last move that finally stuck. Figured we'd drag it back right at the line, and it nearly happened. A crash in the final 500 meters put the brakes on that plan. Literally. Anyway, chocked back a 14th place. Good prize money, though, for a race that size - $70 for 14th.

So if you want to see the nasty infected road rash on my hip, CLICK HERE.

I'm on antibiotics. We'll see how it feels for Thater Sunday. Planning to still race it. Hope I can - it's an awesome race for a good cause.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get a dog - they lick that stuff right off