Monday, September 08, 2008

I am Back!

And I am going to start with a rant. I have a lot to talk about. The last year has been absolutely crazy and there is a lot to tell of you (maybe 2 people who will read this?). But before I go in to all the shit about surgery, how it was messed up, what I am going to do, and what everyone should learn from my experience, I have to rant about something that has been pissing me of all season - Upgrade Hypocricy.

Before I had my surgery back in May '07, I had the requried points to upgrade to Cat 2. Then I had surgery and spent the whole season recovering, so I didn't think about upgrading. Then this season I start racing again and realize I had the points and was getting sick of the stupid shit that goes on in Cat 3 races so I requested my uprade based on the fact that I had the points the season before and I have placed top 10 in a couple 1/2/3 races. 

I was denied. Even though I had the points a year earlier. Even though I had more than adequate experience racing at a Cat 2 or higher level. Even though I had raced Men's A in College the year before and gone to Nationals. 

Also, my surgery got messed up. I developed more of the problem they went into fix, so now when I ride at anything above a tempo pace, I have a 50% reduction of blood flow to my legs. So when I got in the break at the 1/2/3 in Marlton with Mike Miller and his Alliance boys and when I soloed off the front for 4th at Iron Hill and when I took 2nd in the Road Race, Crit and Overall at Tour De Millersburg, I did it all with 50% LESS BLOOD TO MY LEGS THAN I SHOULD HAVE.

Think about it - thats 50% less oxygen, nutrients and acid-clearing fresh blood.

That means I am doing well based off racing ability, experience, bike handling, and smarts.

Below are the links to 3 riders who got their 2 upgrades who clearly did not have anywhere near the points. I know of many more, but these are good examples. I am not angry these riders got their 2, I am angry that I was denied for "not having enough points". The process is corrupt. It's all about who know or who ass you kiss. 


If you are going to not follow the rules you claim to uphold, then at least have the decency to break them for everyone.

2 comments:

bikepennst8 said...

here here dude!

I am all about that.

Anonymous said...

I know what you are you feeling. I wasted a whole season fighting with Dave Mitchell over upgrade from 3 to 2. It was total BS. I had the points but he would not upgrade me. Not sure what was up with that dude but he was a total ass. I proved over and over I had the points. I think it is ridiculous how the upgrade some with no points and ignore others. The 1/2 fields are getting really sketchy...