Friday, September 12, 2008

Last road race of the season?




Well its a been a really tough season. Not so much physically- more so mentally and emotionally. It's really hard going into a race season having absolutely no idea what you are capable of. I had no miles in my legs and a pretty troubling physical ailment, not to mention a shitload of stress to deal with.

All and all, I guess it went pretty well. Did really well in a few 1/2/3 races, including Basking Ridge which had a star-studded field. I had some pretty good finishes in Cat 3 races, including a last lap solo to 4th at Iron Hill and a 2nd overall at Tour de Millersburg which was comprised of a 2nd in the Crit and 2nd in the Road Race.

I earned 23 points during the '08 season towards my Cat 2 upgrade. I was going to try and put in for the upgrade and do Yuasa as a 2, but in the end I realized I would feel better about racing as a 3 and sewing up those last couple points for real so there is no doubt about whether the upgrade was earned. So, right now the plan is to do the 3 and 1/2/3 races at Yuasa and that will wrap up the road season.

I've already started lifting weights regularly and next week I'll start jogging in preparation for 'cross season. I already built myself some sweet portable barriers to practice with.

I'll rant about the whole "I'm a fat wrinkly old man and must show you my dick as much as possible in the locker room" phenomenon in the next post. Get excited!

No comments: